15 July 2011

Our (Almost!) Edible Garden

I was rummaging through the garden the other day, checking on a crop of peppers that horticulturist Will planted in anticipation of our summer menu, when the beauty of our full-bloom summer garden really struck me. Unlike Will, who plants and picks and prunes all spring and summer long, I usually only pop over for handful of this or that. This time I lingered for a while, poking at the alien-looking purple cabbage and inspecting all the interesting species of flowers that Will hides among the lilies and echinacea.

We've already gotten a decent cucumber harvest, a large batch of onions will be ready any day now, the peppers are well on their way and before you know it we'll be completely overrun with tomatoes and zucchini. I made sure to get over there and take a handful of pictures to share with the rest of the Murphin family. Click on any of the thumbnails below for a larger image.










No comments:

Post a Comment